Book Ratings

Book ratings explained:

* I didn't like it | ** It was OK | *** I liked it | **** I really liked it | ***** I loved it

Saturday, November 12, 2005

I was just bemoaning the lack of a baby

I subscribe to several email newsletters from various yarn and/or knitting related sites, and every once in a while a freebie pattern comes along that is just so sickeningly cute you bemoan not having someone to knit it up for. That happened to me early, early Friday morning. I got the Lion Brand Yarn newsletter and they had six - yes, six - sickeningly cute hats for small children and babies. So naturally I thought to myself it was too bad I didn't know anyone with a baby.

Well, ask and you shall receive.

The Lady at Work who came on staff the same day I did popped into my office first thing Friday morning to tell me she was pregnant. Aside from being thrilled for her, you can just imagine the glee I felt at having a reason to knit a froggy cap or a panda hat or a Chicken Little cap or even the apple, the bear, or the tiger.

I warned poor Lady at Work she would come to hate me.

;D

No comments: