Book Ratings

Book ratings explained:

* I didn't like it | ** It was OK | *** I liked it | **** I really liked it | ***** I loved it

Thursday, January 13, 2005

'Tis the season

I spoke with Carolyn from the wildlife rescue group this morning. She's the squirrel expert. Patty is the raccoon expert and she was supposed to call me last night but she forgot. Anyway, it seems that this is the season when raccoon mommas pop out raccoon babies in people's attics. Carolyn said they have been getting several calls a day for the last two weeks or so about the 'coons. She said the instructions on their web site do drive the raccoons away. The only thing she added to the list to include is kitty poop in paper bags scattered randomly around the nesting area.

OK. I will buy a cheap little radio I can put in the attic and I will instruct the Prodigal Son to periodically pop into the attic during the day to bang pots and pans so that momma raccoon will decide to move to a quieter, darker, less pet smelling neighborhood.

And then I have to figure out how to keep the raccoons from ripping the grating out from under the overhang and getting back into the attic.

No comments: