Book Ratings

Book ratings explained:

* I didn't like it | ** It was OK | *** I liked it | **** I really liked it | ***** I loved it

Monday, January 24, 2005

Call me George and paint me blue!

I've settled the Prodigal Son's medical claim from the auto accident in November with the insurance company. For his injuries - which consisted of bruises and strained muscles - they are paying $2000. I've already told the Prodigal Son and he's thrilled. All but $200 is going to pay off various bills and the $200 is going to be mad money since it's been a while since either of us have had any of that.

I also mailed off the Prodigal Son's income tax form this morning. Since he only worked for a few weeks last year, he's going to get all $163 he paid in taxes back. I've started work on mine, but I still don't have all the paperwork I need to file. Based on what I have so far, I will have enough of a refund that I can made a small dent in another debt.

Things are looking better this year. I'm surely glad I ate those blackeyed peas for New Year's.

2 comments:

Roseunicorn said...

Enjoy the mad money!

And the tax money - Joe is starting to look at ours.

Also keep eatin' them blackeyed peas and maybe you could win one of the lotteries.

Seitherin said...

Ah, but the secret to winning the lottery is to buy a ticket. ;D