Book Ratings

Book ratings explained:

* I didn't like it | ** It was OK | *** I liked it | **** I really liked it | ***** I loved it

Sunday, January 02, 2005

The Time Traveler's WifeThe Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I know a lot of people think it is a wonderful love story, and it is, but I found some of it to be just a bit creepy. I'm not sure I can articulate what disturbed me about the book, which I truly did like very much. Some of it has to do with the nonchalant brutality that Henry displays albeit very infrequently. Some of it has to do with the fact Clare marries a Henry she doesn't really know to wait for him to become the Henry she does know. A small quibble, I know, but it did bother me.

All that aside, I recommend the book. I give it two thumbs up.

Link to amazon.com

No comments: