Book Ratings

Book ratings explained:

* I didn't like it | ** It was OK | *** I liked it | **** I really liked it | ***** I loved it

Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Wednesday wonder

Encountered an interesting phenomenon this morning. I was 20 minutes late leaving for class yet I managed to arrive 10 minutes earlier than I did yesterday. I call it the Wednesday Wonder. This isn't the first time I've noticed this. It happened last year when I took classes here. It's like no one goes to work on Wednesday or everybody carpools. I managed to do mostly 70 most of the way here.

I'm not sure if the prodigal son is going to let Horatio keep his name. He - the son, that is - looked at me funny this morning when I told him what the cats name was. We'll see.

Smiley driving a car

Updated: 10:54 a.m. Another good class day. Almost everybody has given up being dressed for success and is now dressed for comfort. More class discussion. More laughing at funnies. I might actually be persuaded not to despise VB.net.

Fuzzy Smiley giving a thumbs up

Updated: 6:41 p.m. I've been home just over an hour. It only took about 50 minutes to get home today. I took 610 to 288 again and there were hardly any slowdowns.

It was a good day in class. It was really fun. I enjoyed it and I'm feeling decidedly less hostile toward VB.net.

The prodigal son left all five cats alone while he went off with friends. All five of them are still alive so I'm going to assume they're working out their territorial differences on their own. I stopped by WalMart - yes, that evil place - and picked up another litter box. This one comes with two pans and a strainer so that you can sift out the used, clumped litter to dispose of and recycle the leftover litter into a clean box. I'm not sure how it will work out but the idea seemed nifty.

I'm pooped today. The driving is getting to me. I'm going to go watch "The Lion in Winter" remake, feed the cats, feed myself, and then go to sleep.

Updated: 9:48 p.m. Didn't watch the movie but I did feed myself and the cats. Watched the kittens play instead. They've been chasing each other around the house and having a grand ol' time. They're pooped now.

Orchid

2 comments:

Roseunicorn said...

Everyone is probably on the golf course.

Keep calling the cat what you want and it will reject what he calls it - I like Horatio

don't forget to check previous postings for comments.

Seitherin said...

Don't have to. I have blogger send me an email when someone posts. I'm lazy.

But you're probably right about everybody being on the golf course.