Book Ratings

Book ratings explained:

* I didn't like it | ** It was OK | *** I liked it | **** I really liked it | ***** I loved it

Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Roseunicorn, don't look!

Trust me. You don't want to see what I've got here. It will only make you mad.

Orange tabby kitten named Horatio

You looked! Shame on you. I tried to spare you. Well, there's nothing for it now. I guess I'll have to introduce you. This is Horatio. The prodigal son brought him home tonight. According to the son, the person - and I use the term very loosely - who had him decided he didn't want the kitten anymore and threw him - yes, I mean picked him up and threw him like a football - into the street. This upset the son no end and he begged me to let him bring the cat home. I told him he could, but it would be a temporary measure. If the kitten didn't fit into the household, we would have to find another home for him. Well, I believe that about as much as you do and about as much as the son did. Heck, the cat's already told me his name. As you can see, he's a shaggy orange tabby. What you can't see are his green eyes. Other than being a little on the thin side, he doesn't seem to be in too bad shape. He's already wandering around the house and objecting to the girls - ick, cooties - being here. He seems to think he should be king of the hill.

6 comments:

Roseunicorn said...

You are dead meat - I had an orange male if you had wanted one. At this rate you will be up to 15 cats like me.

A bit of advise - if he is as old as I think and your girls are as old as I think - you might want to consider getting somebody fixed before you have kittens. Contrary to what any vet will tell you - cats can have babies at 5 to 6 months of age. Also remember male cats spray everything.

As for the person who throw the cat out of the car - tell your son next time try to get the license plate and description of the car - you probably have some animal cruelty laws that could be thrown at the person. By the way this is the way we acquired over half our animals in that someone dumped them outside or near our property. We find most of them wandering on our property or the road near by.

Tell your son if he is going to rescue animals then he needs a job so he can afford the vet bills or become a vet himself. My advice - become a vet - it could save you oodles of money in the long run.

Seitherin said...

Jeez, Louise! You make it sound like I went hunting for an orange tabby male. ;D

There's only so much room in this house and I think we've just hit critical mass. And I remember about male cats. I've had quite a few of them in my day.

I don't think Alex likes the name Horatio but he'll get used to it. He's gotten used to Mouse being Mouse.

The cat wasn't thrown out of a car. Alex was visiting a 'friend' and this twit picked up the cat and threw it out of the house into the street. Pissed Alex off.

Roseunicorn said...

And he is still "friends" with the twitt????

You need to have a talk with him about the definition of "friend" sometime.

Now let me get this straight - if I want to give you a kitten what I need to do is simply show up with it in tow and drop it in the house and refuse to take it back.

HMMMMMM = maybe this could work - want a visit from me

Hi Little One(remember). You are making a typical mathematical mistake in assuming that cat space in our lives is finite. It is, in fact, infinite. Therefore, the statement that you are reaching "critical mass" is incorrect. It is amazing how we may think we can't deal with yet another little critter in our daily routine and then, bang, 6 more arrive and they fit right in like there was always room.

Back to the other one.

I assume you realize that was hubbie. He is leaving now and I need to do some work so more later dudette.

Seitherin said...

Tell hubby the dimensions of the space in which cats dwell is finite therefore only a finite number of cats will fit the the physical confines of the dwelling.

Now, if one lived in the middle of practically nowhere and could let said cats roam outside . . . well, that's another kettle of fish and the cats would probably clean it out before we could count them.

Seitherin said...

Yep, I've got five cats now.

Roseunicorn said...

Would you like a sixth, seventh, and eighth - to balance the males and the females - I can help you if you wish = hehehehe!!!!

Remember I know where you LIVE!!!!! (manical laughter)