Book Ratings

Book ratings explained:

* I didn't like it | ** It was OK | *** I liked it | **** I really liked it | ***** I loved it

Thursday, August 19, 2004

Putting a book on hold and other miscellany

I've decided to put The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay by Michael Chabon on hold. I've been plugging away at this book since the 15th and I just can't get into it. I made it to page 60 last night, but I kept reading that page over and over. The words just wouldn't sink into my brain. I'm going to try my hand at The Deed of Paksenarrion by Elizabeth Moon instead. My omnibus edition arrived a few days ago and I've been itching to read it. Maybe this book will hold my interest.

My errant progeny still hasn't found a job and he spends more time telling me he's looking for one than he actually spends looking for one. He also lost his cell phone which had to be replaced today. We've only had cell phones since December and the one I got for him today makes his third phone. The first went swimming with him back in May or June and had to be replaced then. I'd really like to know what horrible evil I've committed that warrants a son like him. It must have been a doozy. I hope I enjoyed it, whatever it was.

I'm definitely feeling my age today. Everything is just hitting me the wrong way. I've been short-tempered ever since I got up this morning. To be honest, the whole week has been like that. I got up on the wrong side of the bed on Monday and it's been a downhill slide since then. I've avoided answering the phone all week because I don't want to talk to anyone. I just want to be left alone, literally. I'd like to have the house to myself without anyone else in it and no one calling to talk to me. I want to watch Alias S2 D5 and the remake of "The Lion in Winter" with Close and Stewart and read and just be a worthless couch potato. Thank goodness tomorrow is my day off!

No comments: