Book Ratings

Book ratings explained:

* I didn't like it | ** It was OK | *** I liked it | **** I really liked it | ***** I loved it

Sunday, August 15, 2004

The Book of Atrix WolfeThe Book of Atrix Wolfe by Patricia A. McKillip
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Another wonderful book by Patricia A. McKillip. This one is a wonder of language, the way she puts words together to form sentences to make thoughts to tell the story. She paints pictures without rambling on incessantly. In my opinion, Ms. McKillip is probably one of the best fantasy authors writing today. There is nothing typical about her stories and they are not derivative of those fantasy authors who spawned the lot of fantasy we get all to often these days.

This book is the story of a mage who, in pain and horror, creates a horror to stave off an even worse one.

Link to amazon.com

No comments: