Book Ratings

Book ratings explained:

* I didn't like it | ** It was OK | *** I liked it | **** I really liked it | ***** I loved it

Monday, April 11, 2005

He almost lost another one

Got home from work about 5:30 and secluded myself in my room to check email and play that stoopid game. The Prodigal Son stuck his head in about 6:30 to say he was going out to see friends. Finally shut the computer off at about 9:30 so I could fix a bite to eat and wind down before going to bed. I realized the cats hadn't been fed yet either so I grabbed the cat food and shook the bag. Three cats came running. Not unusual in itself since Mouse and / or Rainbow don't always come running when they hear food. But very unusual because Heru never misses the call of food and he very often reminds me several times a day he hasn't been fed since the day we brought him home and he's about to collapse from starvation.

I searched the entire house and the garage. Heru was nowhere to be found. I stuck my head out the back door and called for him. I stuck my head out the front door and called for him. Not a whisker to be seen nor a meow to be heard. I called the Prodigal Son and asked him what he'd done with the cat. He said Heru was in the house when we got home and he thought he'd seen Heru just before he left so if Heru was missing it had to be my fault since I was the one home with him. Unless I've developed the knack of teleporting kitty cats with just the power of my mind, if Heru was in the house when the Prodigal Son left, he should still have been in the house when I went hunting him at 9:30.

Long story short, I walked around the yard shaking the cat food bag. When I got to the front walk, Heru came sauntering up with another cat from the neighbor's yard. I picked him up and took him in the house. All four of the furry monsters have been fed and watered and all of them have settled down for their cat naps.

I have no idea when Heru went walk about. I don't remember noticing him when I got home.

No comments: