Book Ratings

Book ratings explained:

* I didn't like it | ** It was OK | *** I liked it | **** I really liked it | ***** I loved it

Thursday, September 23, 2004

SojoMail | Jimmy Swaggart tells congregation he'd kill gays

"I've never seen a man in my life I wanted to marry."

(shouts, applause)

"And I'm gonna be blunt and plain, if one ever looks at me like that I'm going to kill him and tell God he died."

(laughter, applause)

"In case anybody doesn't know God calls it an abomination. It's an abomination! It's an abomination!"

(applause)

..."I'm not knocking the poor homosexual. I'm not. They need salvation just like anybody else.... I'm knocking our pitiful, pathetic lawmakers. And I thank God that President Bush has stated we need a constitutional amendment that states that marriage is between a man and a woman."

(applause)

And people wonder how I can find the label 'good Christian' offensive and insulting. I have far more respect for my fellow man than any good [fill in reference to the religion of your choice]. I refuse to be told what to think and how to feel. If god had intended me to be a mindless herd animal, I wouldn't have been born with free will and the ability to recognize bullshit when I step in it.

2 comments:

Tati said...

Amen.

Roseunicorn said...

whoever believed Swaggart was good at anything

I believe there are "good [fill in reference to the religion of your choice]" in the world - unfortunately most of them have understandably left the Churches to be run by the other "GOOD [fill in reference to the religion of your choice]" - such as Swaggart