Book Ratings

Book ratings explained:

* I didn't like it | ** It was OK | *** I liked it | **** I really liked it | ***** I loved it

Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Bizzy, bizzy, bizzy

My gosh, you'd think I'd had surgery a week and a half ago the way people are treating me. I think I'm stepping over some invisible boundary that requires one to spend several weeks recovering instead of bounding back to normal as close to immediately as you can get after surgery. I think I'm going to scream if I receive one more solicitous offer to fetch and carry for me. Actually it's not the solicitous offers that will drive me 'round the bend. It's the looks of disbelief when I profess to being perfectly fine and back to my old self again. People, hmph!

Spent another full day at work. Well, almost. I had to duck out a little early so I could make it to the insurance office to pay my flood insurance premium the notice for which the insurance company sent to my mortgage company instead of me despite the fact the flood insurance wasn't set up to be part of escrow. It dawned on me yesterday that I hadn't received a renewal notice and that my insurance must have expired. I called my local agent this morning and found out they'd billed the mortgage company which hadn't paid yet. I also found out that if I paid the premium myself ASAP my coverage wouldn't suffer any lapse. So at 4:30 p.m. my prodigal son picked me up and ran me over to AllState to pay. Insurance companies, hmph!

I don't live in a flood zone, but neither am I stupid. I live on the Texas Gulf coast where hurricanes and tropical storms routinely visit and things flood when they're not supposed to. We're also nestled between a couple of rivers that leave their banks whenever there is really severe rain between here and Dallas. We had a 100 year flood about 10 or so years ago and the house I'm in managed to stay dry. Still, there is some little comfort in knowing you have flood insurance.

I worked on the curtain for the window in the door during lunch. I've almost used up one roll of thread. Based on how long the curtain is compared to the length of the window, I'll need four more rolls of thread to finish it. I bought two to start off with. I hope I can find more in the same color lot. If not, I'll have to do something seriously creative.

Anyway, it's been a busy two days at work. I'm still catching up from missing a week for class and then missing another week almost immediately for the surgery. But I enjoy being busy. I like work when I'm actually working.

No comments: