Book Ratings

Book ratings explained:

* I didn't like it | ** It was OK | *** I liked it | **** I really liked it | ***** I loved it

Monday, September 20, 2004

Dare I hope for improvement?

Mouse apparently spent the night sleeping on the couch instead of curled up in the cat bed she's been favoring since she came home. She perked up when I sat next to her and she started digging to Chine even before I began to pet her. (She's a compulsive kneader when she's on the couch. You don't have to touch her to set her off.) And she ran to the food bowls when I picked up the food bag and shook it. She was right there with the rest of the furry monster impatiently waiting to be fed. I left her and Heru eating out of the same bowl - never mind each monster has its own - which is something the two of them have done since Heru joined the pride.

I'm hopeful she's on the road to being herself again.

2 comments:

Roseunicorn said...

like people - each animal reacts differently to surgery. I hope Mouse will be bugging you again soon. Give her lots of hugs and kisses.

Seitherin said...

Honestly, I think she might have been over medicated. I'd opted for them to have a morphine patch to help with pain releif since Annie and Goblin did so much better when they were patched. But Dr. Smith had to take Mouse's patch off because she seemed to be really doped and he said it would take about 12 hours for her to recover. He also didn't leave the patch on Rainbow who snaped back like a champ practically the minute she was back at home.