Book Ratings

Book ratings explained:

* I didn't like it | ** It was OK | *** I liked it | **** I really liked it | ***** I loved it

Friday, September 09, 2005

Finally . . . but

I just got back from the doctor's office - and running errands - and my blood pressure is finally in the normal range. But, I've got to wonder about the nurse who has been taking my pressure since last week.

She took the pressure in my left arm this morning and the reading came back 138/92 which is still outside the normal range but would have been a significant improvement over Tuesday's reading. She decided to take the pressure in my right arm as well, but she decided to use a larger blood pressure cuff than she'd used on my left arm. She explained that the smaller cuff was for slight people and the larger cuff was for more substantial people like me.

Anyway, the reading using the large cuff on my right arm came back 110/84. This, of course, caused her some pause. She decided to take a reading on my left with the large cuff just to verify. That one came back 118/86.

There's a big difference between 138/92 and 118/86.

She's been using the small cuff all along. If we use the same sort of ratio between today's readings and apply them to Tuesday's readings, the 158/98 could very well have been as low as 138/92.

Any which way, I had her fax the information to the clinic as they had requested and I will call them around 1:30 or so to make sure they've gotten the release and that they will clear me to work. And then I will call the lovely HR lady at my new job and let her know what's going on. I may actually be able to go to work on Monday. Wouldn't that be great!?

5 comments:

Roseunicorn said...

That's still a little high isn't it? Before I had the BP problem the highest I ever had was 130/90 and I was in the emergency room in mega pain. My normal range use to be 124/75. Now I seem to be at 117/70 or 117/67. When they decided I had a BP problem I was at the 158/92 area myself. The ACEON really works.

Seitherin said...

138/92 is a little high, but after a week of blood pressure meds, it should have been much lower than 158/98 since it started out at 160/100.

Roseunicorn said...

I got a blood pressure machine from Patty that use to belong to her Dad. when he passed away she asked if I wanted it. Anyhow - just took my bp and it was 86/58 = so am I dead and not know it.

Seitherin said...

That strikes me as being really low. Mine wasn't quite that low and the doctor took me off the meds the last time I had a BP flare up about five years ago. You ought to talk to your doc about that.

Roseunicorn said...

I will and when it's that low I don't take the meds - don't figure I need them.

Planning a doctors appointment next month.