Book Ratings

Book ratings explained:

* I didn't like it | ** It was OK | *** I liked it | **** I really liked it | ***** I loved it

Thursday, May 26, 2005

More tired than I thought

I've mentioned hither and yon that I've had a couple of projects at work that have kept me busy and tired. Well, Tuesday night I decided to knit away the hours since there was nothing on television I was interested in watching.

Oh, boy.

I knit a couple of iterations of the pattern and get to within six stitches of the end of the pattern row when I realize I'm one stitch short. I recheck the stitches on the row and I don't see a goof. I check to see if maybe I dropped a stitch and don't see anything obviously amiss. I have no choice but to unknit four rows. I count stitches. I have the requisite number.

Oh, boy.

I knit a couple of iterations of the pattern. I get to within six stitches of the end of the pattern row when I realize I'm one stitch short. I recheck the stitches on the row and I don't see a goof. I check to see if maybe I dropped a stitch and don't see anything obviously amiss. I have no choice but to unknit four rows. I count stitches. I have the requisite number. I put the knitting away. I was obviously too tried to be working on it if I could loose one stitch twice.

Oh, boy.

I'm going to try my hand at knitting again tonight since there is nothing on television I care to watch. With any luck, it won't be a repeat of Tuesday and I'll actually get some knitting done.

1 comment:

Tati said...

You did the right thing. Days like that, away with the knitting. Otherwise it just goes from bad to worse :-)