Book Ratings

Book ratings explained:

* I didn't like it | ** It was OK | *** I liked it | **** I really liked it | ***** I loved it

Thursday, May 05, 2005

I finished the Atwood!

Cat's EyeIt's about time. I feel like I've been reading this book for most of my life. Despite being well written, this book just wasn't my cup of tea. Normally I very much enjoy soul searching 'why I tick' books, but I was really hard pressed to keep going with this one. The only reason I managed to stick with it is because it was so well written. There just wasn't anything quirky or catchy about the main character or her story to make the book a must read. Despite blurb claims the book is "disturbing, hilarious, and compassionate", there was a whole lot of disturbing with nothing hilarious and a minimum of compassionate.

UPDATED: I just checked and I began Cat's Eye on March 27. No wonder it felt like forever.

No comments: