Book Ratings

Book ratings explained:

* I didn't like it | ** It was OK | *** I liked it | **** I really liked it | ***** I loved it

Monday, March 28, 2005

Knitting a scarf

I know I've been going on and on about knitting socks, but I've decided to get back into the knitting swing of things by making a very simple scarf. I think I'm going to give this to my XMIL (former mother-in-law) as a Christmas gift since she and the XFIL (former father-in-law) are living with the Daughter Who Isn't Mine.

2 comments:

Tati said...

It's gorgeous!
Can you give me a slight hint to the pattern? (I see the repeating three rows of purl, but how are you doing the spacing in between?)

Seitherin said...

Not a purl in the lot. Every row is a knit row which makes it perfect for a solid color. The space is done by doing a knit 1, wrap yarn 3 times around the right hand needle pattern across one row. On the next row, knit 1, drop the wrapped yarn, knit 1, drop yarn all the way across.

Actually, I'll just put the pattern in this blog as well as the other.