Book Ratings

Book ratings explained:

* I didn't like it | ** It was OK | *** I liked it | **** I really liked it | ***** I loved it

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Future knitting craftiness

Knit Socks!The two knitting books I ordered are finally here. I don't know what possessed me but I've decided to try my hand at knitting socks. Just from a quick glance through the book - and that without my reading glasses on - knitting socks may be a painful experience. Oh, but what wonderfully colorful gifts they would make.

Scarf Style And the scarves! I've already found one I'd like to make for myself. And since I now have family living in colder parts, knitting everyone scarves will make wonderful prezzies as well.


I'm just such a happy camper. Now all I have to do is find someplace decent to order yarn from so I can knit all these socks and scarves. The local Wal-Mart and Hobby Lobby just aren't going to cut it for yarn supply.

2 comments:

Tati said...

Socks aren't nearly as difficult as they appear. In fact, they only require concentration during the heel and at the toes.
If you need any tips, let me know.
Try ebay for Regia of Schachenmayr wool.

Seitherin said...

Thanks very much for the offer of help. It's quite likely I will take you up on it when I'm done making Christmas ornaments.

I've been looking around for the yarn you recommended and I've found a couple of shops in Canada who will ship to the US. I've also found a listing for several shops in the Houston area that are supposed to carry the yarn, but I'll have to call them to find out.