Book Ratings

Book ratings explained:

* I didn't like it | ** It was OK | *** I liked it | **** I really liked it | ***** I loved it

Monday, August 01, 2005

Bored now

I've spent just a hair more than half my life working so I'm having a hard time not being at work. Yes, I know it's only been a week, but I am bored out of my mind. There's just so much reading, TV watching, and procrastinating about housework one can do before one becomes bored and restless.

Oh, well. The hunt progresses. I actually had someone call me today who wanted me to submit a "real" resume for consideration. I did one up specifically for the job they were hiring for and sent it off - just did, as a matter of fact. I don't know if anything will come of it, but it was an ego boost to know that someone thinks I might actually be qualified for something.

3 comments:

Roseunicorn said...

send me a copy of your official resume when you finish it.

Tati said...

I gather from your post that you got laid off without any notice at all - sorry to hear it.
Will cross my fingers that you will find something soon. Unemployment is no fun, none at all.

Seitherin said...

The layoff didn't quite come out of left field since I was expecting it to happen in 6 - 8 months when the data conversion to the system the parent company bought was complete. Given my experience with data conversions for this company, I thought they'd keep me around till then.

But, no, this company never gives anyone notice when they are going to laid off.