Book Ratings

Book ratings explained:

* I didn't like it | ** It was OK | *** I liked it | **** I really liked it | ***** I loved it

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Back from the doctor

And almost $150 poorer. My blood pressure was 162 / 88 which is slightly up and down from Monday's 160 / 100. It didn't help matters that Heru decided to have a poop accident right before I had to go to the doctor's and I had to clean cat poop from my sofa and the carpet. I am happy to report the sofa is clean but the carpet has an interesting yellow stain that just refuses to come out. I guess this means I'll have to rent one of those steam cleaning things and give the living room a good once over.

Anyway, back to doctor talk. I think I like this doctor better than any doctor I've had before. I couldn't get an appointment with my normal doctor until October and that just would not do so I called the Prodigal's doctor to see if I could get in this week to see him. I could and I did. And I like him. He talked to me and explained things and asked questions. We talked about the different kinds of blood pressure meds and the effects they could have and we picked one that sounded like the kind I could live with. It's called Lisinopril. I'm on the 20mg variety to be taken twice daily. I'm to monitor my blood pressure and reduce the dosage to one daily if my blood pressure drops too much. I have a six month prescription at which point I go in for another exam.

As happened four years ago, I expect the blood pressure to make its way back to normal when the stress of being jobless and having a new job and all the things that go with those two states of being resolve themselves into normalcy.

No comments: