Book Ratings

Book ratings explained:

* I didn't like it | ** It was OK | *** I liked it | **** I really liked it | ***** I loved it

Monday, June 13, 2005

Mostly miserable

Weekend, that is. I decided I was going to have migraines on both Saturday and Sunday so I didn't get much of anything done except sitting around feeling sorry for myself. Saturday's headache was much worse than Sunday's. It started earlier and lasted longer and wasn't helped in the least by the screaming toddler child of the Prodigal's friend who should have been kept at home and put down for a nap.

Actually, I've felt particularly unproductive the last few weeks. Part of that is due to having had such a hectic schedule at work. Part is due to the heat and humidity which seeps into the house even with the air conditioner running at a decent clip. Oh, well. October is only four months away and then the temperatures will become tolerable again. I really hate summers on the Texas Gulf Coast.

And I think I pretty much hate the new look. OK, I don't actually hate it, but I really dislike it for the mood I'm in. I'll start work on getting something a little more palatable up this week. It probably won't happen today 'cause I promised to call the Daughter Who Isn't Mine tonight since I put her off yesterday - the headache, you know.

2 comments:

Tati said...

Shave a few degrees off that summer weather and send them here - that way we'd both be comfortable.

But seriously, I remember some summers in Chicago that were so miserably hot that I would wear nothing but a dampened bed sheet (toga-style) at home in order to keep from being nauseated (most of the time, our air conditioning on base was defective).

Seitherin said...

Tho it's been hot today, the humidity was in the bearable range so it wasn't quite as opressive as it has been.

It's the humidity I have a problem with.