Book Ratings

Book ratings explained:

* I didn't like it | ** It was OK | *** I liked it | **** I really liked it | ***** I loved it

Saturday, June 26, 2004

Miss Muggles

Miss Muggles, whose real name is Rainbow Marie, is the third cat to join my household. Technically, she belongs to my son Alex. She came home with us on May 22, 2004. That was the day we attended the memorial service for my niece Sydney Marie, aged six, who had died a week and a half earlier from the effects of an inoperable brain tumor. It was Sydney who'd named the kitten Rainbow Marie.

I think Miss Muggles is quite a clever little creature. She sits and watches and speculates. She's also fairly well behaved . . . for a kitten. She understands "no" and will stop what she's doing to look at you. Of course, if she can't see you looking at her, she goes right back to doing whatever it was she wasn't supposed to be doing.

She and Mouse are inseparable and prone to tearing through the house like demented demons on speed. One of their favorite places to wrestle is in the curve of my leg as I nestle on the sofa to read or watch TV. That's also one of their favorite places to nap.

None of the pictures I've taken of Miss Muggles yet does her justice. I can't quite capture her where her markings are shown to advantage. I spent a goodly part of the morning of June 20th trying to snap her picture. There were several that would have been priceless if I'd been able to get them, but what I got instead were quite a few really good shots of where she wasn't. I don't think she's quite the diva camera hound that Mouse is.

Miss Muggles taking a rest

1 comment:

Mel said...

Your cats are adorable!