Book Ratings

Book ratings explained:

* I didn't like it | ** It was OK | *** I liked it | **** I really liked it | ***** I loved it

Sunday, June 20, 2004

Annie

Annie is the first cat I added to my household after I divorced. I got her in October, 1995. I think she must have been about 10 or 12 weeks old at the time based on her size and general development. Some friends had found her wandering lost and bedraggled in a parking lot, so they picked her up and took her home. At the time, they already had 9 or 10 cats gracing their household so they asked me to take her. I reluctantly agreed. I'd only been divorced about a year and was living in an apartment and I just couldn't imagine leaving a kitten alone all day while I was at work. But took her I did.

Chris and Kerry had named her Annabelle, but the name just didn't suit her. It was too big for the little cat she was. The minute she entered my apartment and planted herself on my chest to nap, she became Annie.

As you can see from the picture, Annie has orange points. After some discussion on the topic at Shadowmarch, I've come to the conclusion that Annie is a red point traditional colorpoint shorthair mix. (Colorpoint shorthair is the American term for a Siamese whose points are a color other than the standard four recognized for a Siamese.) Although you cannot see it in this picture of her, she has slightly almond shaped eyes of an amazingly speckled blue.

Annie sitting on a cardboard box eyeing the kittens who are off camera

4 comments:

Roseunicorn said...

okay they had 9 or 10 cats and you took one of theirs ---- I have 15 that means you should take at least one of mine. Should I bring you a surprise next week.

Seitherin said...

Oy! I don't think there'll be enough room for humans if another cat comes into the house. This isn't a very big house, afterall.

Roseunicorn said...

I'll bring you the smallest one I have - okay????

Seitherin said...

Oy! Furry monsters everywhere! Run! Run for your life!