Book Ratings

Book ratings explained:

* I didn't like it | ** It was OK | *** I liked it | **** I really liked it | ***** I loved it

Monday, December 26, 2005

Rainbow is missing again

I woke up about 9-ish this morning to discover the dining room window had been broken out and two cats were missing. Mouse dutifully came home after I'd thrown on some clothes and had gone outside rattling the food bag, but Rainbow is still missing. Given the distance the screen and the broken glass had scattered out, I'd say one of the cats decided she wanted outside enough to crash through the closed window. I didn't find any cuts on Mouse and I didn't find any trace of blood on the ground, so I don't know if Rainbow is the one who broke the window, although I suspect her to be the one since she has a little more mass than Mouse does, and I don't know if she's hurt. With any luck, Rainbow will come wandering home in a day or two like she did the last time she got out.

Right now I have a box in front of the broken pane and a chair holding the box in place so the other cats can't get out. I'm not sure when I can get someone in to make repairs.

6 comments:

Roseunicorn said...

I hate to be a worry wart but how thin is your glass. I don't know of any cat who could break a window pane and I have had some really big cats.

Are you sure there wasn't another reason the window was broken.

Roseunicorn said...

?

Forgot my punctuation.

Seitherin said...

It was broken from the inside out. Unless the cats figured out how to throw something thru it, one of them had to have jumped at it.

Tati said...

I agree with Roseunicorn - that is really odd - I also can't imagine a cat breaking a window.

Nevertheless, am crossing all fingers and toes that Rainbow comes home soon!

Seitherin said...

I agree, too. It is odd. But the screen and the glass were all outside. I was the only one home. I didn't do it and I can't imagine someone breaking into the house just to break out a window.

No sight of Rainbow yet.

Roseunicorn said...

could someone have used a gadget from outside that would pull the glass out towards them and the cats startled them? Then when they ran away - they dropped the glass and the cats got out. Sleep with your cell phone charged and near by and don't assume it's Alex if you hear a noise - okay.

By the way let me know if you find her - also keep calling each day and leave a light on in the front and back of your house. We have a cat that disappears for a day or two but when we leave the light on - he comes home. Sometimes he waits for us to turn it off before he shows up - weird I know but try it anyway.