Book Ratings

Book ratings explained:

* I didn't like it | ** It was OK | *** I liked it | **** I really liked it | ***** I loved it

Saturday, October 15, 2005

Questions, questions, and more questions

Roseunicorn said, "Yipee!! = so how are you going to celebrate?"

This was prompted by me saying I'd just had my first month's anniversary at the new job in my previous blog entry. The answer is, "I downloaded the first three episodes of Lost from iTunes and watched the first two." Aren't I just the wild party animal?

Roseunicorn asked, "Have you figured out who to take to the Game?"

This one was prompted by the fact her brother gave me tickets to the Houston Texans' home game on October 30th as a birthday gift. The answer is, "I haven't got a clue. I may give them to the Prodigal Son and let him take three friends with him. I just don't know."

"And what are you doing for your Birthday?" pondered the Roseunicorn.

"Sleep," answered I.

And last, but not least, Karen posed this query regarding the new job, "Has it turned out to be as you imagined? Do you like it there?"

"Well . . ." said I. I like the job. The people are all really nice and the ladies I work with do a lunch date every other Thursday. I went to my first one this week and we went to a Lebanese restaurant called Wael's Mediterranean Cuisine off Bay Area Boulevard. I had their number 18 lunch special which had the word 'Shawarma' in the name. It was basically a platter with white rice, wonderfully seasoned grilled beef, grilled chicken with the same sort of seasoning, and a dip which looked like sour cream but very clearly wasn't. I didn't care for the rich - not much of a rice eater - but the beef and chicken were absolutely delicious.

Isn't it amazing how a question about liking my job turned into a dissertation on food? Anyway, back to the job. I think it will be a really good place to work when everything is set and ready to go. Right now, everything is still in start up mode so things are kind of strange. There really aren't any routines and people are still trying to figure things out. But they really are a very capable bunch of people.

And the company seems to be very people and community oriented. There is always some sort of bulletin about some function or event the company encourages participation in.

Yep, I think this is a good place. I didn't know what to expect because it is a change of industry for me - from construction to manufacturing - and because the company isn't American owned. But there really isn't all the much difference.

Oh, and the best part, I get to wear a lab coat when I have to go to the building next door. How kewl is that?

2 comments:

Tati said...

Glad to hear that your lunch :-D and your job are just fine ;-)

Roseunicorn said...

I still think you should go to the game and you should do something for your birthday besides sleep.