Book Ratings

Book ratings explained:

* I didn't like it | ** It was OK | *** I liked it | **** I really liked it | ***** I loved it

Sunday, October 16, 2005

I give up

It's been weeks and the Little Shit is still here. She showed up a couple of weeks before the Hurricane Rita evacuation and she's still here. She was only supposed to be here for a week while the air conditioning unit of the person she belongs to was on the fritz and awaiting repair. Somehow, during all these weeks, the Prodigal Son has decided he can't bear to give her back because she wouldn't be loved and cared for where she belongs as good as she has it here. So the Prodigal has talked me into letting her stay here permanently temporarily.

The brainless bimbo who actually owns the cat called her Precious and taught her to be antisocial. She growls at all the other cats and most people. She's also given to attacking anything and anyone who displeases her. The only cat she seems to be truly on friendly terms with is Heru, and he's never met a warm body he didn't like. All the world is his best friend.

She hasn't bonded with me - although she adores the Prodigal - and I haven't bonded with her - although I don't adore the Prodigal as much as she does ~ evil grin ~. I've never gone this long without an animal telling me its name, but I haven't a clue what hers is. Aside from Little Shit, which I've called her since day one, the closest I've come is Izzy, but that still isn't quite right. I'm wondering if maybe she is supposed to be Isis to Heru's Horus. (I'm the only one who calls him Heru. The Prodigal and all his friends call him Horus.)

Anyway, for your viewing pleasure, I present Little Shit . . . um, Izzy.

Heru and Izzy preparing to wrestle Heru and Izzy wrestling Izzy surveying the world Izzy surveying the world from my coffee table

As you can see from the photos, the really nifty thing about taking snaps of Izzy is that parts of her show up really well all of the time and parts of her show up not at all. In the last two snaps, you can't really tell where her black ear begins and ends in that black spot it is part of.

And just because I can, the rest of the Ferocious Feline Federation.

HeruThe Prodigal Son set his phone to meow so Heru is trying to find that annoying noisy cat. Those are Rainbow's glow in the dark eyes in the background.




Mouse and Heru Issy, Goblin, and Mouse's feet Rainbow sitting pretty

4 comments:

Roseunicorn said...

she isn't going to tell someone who doesn't like her - her name.

now play nice = you knew once you let her in the door you weren't going to be able to get rid of her.

She's pretty. Give her time and she will get use to you and then she will tell you her name.

If you want you can come over and meet Minki and Malenki. They are still in the bedroom.

Tati said...

I agree with Roseunicorn. Give it some time. When I first got Pauli, she was EVIL. Dreadfully. It took a bit of time and work and eventually, she became very gentle and sweet.

Anonymous said...

oh, she's, well, i was going to say precious, but i'll go with adorable. she's adorable! and of course the prodigal son won't let her leave. he's just being nice and letting you blame her continued presence on him... :D

you're actually getting perilously close to the "crazy old woman with all those cats" critical (feline) mass. but that's all good.

Seitherin said...

Oh, I think I've acheived critical mass with the cats. There's barely enough room for me.

;D