Book Ratings

Book ratings explained:

* I didn't like it | ** It was OK | *** I liked it | **** I really liked it | ***** I loved it

Monday, July 11, 2005

I sneeze, therefore I must be

It's allergy season again. Yipee!

So far I'm not suffering but that could change. I just have a runny nose and itchy eyes and my ever sweet disposition is still intact. Whatever happened to bring this bout on happened overnight 'cause I didn't have it when I went to bed last night, but I sure had it when I got up this morning.

I blame it on the short and violent summer thunderstorms we've been having since Thursday. We've had one a day, usually in the late afternoon, that last about 15 - 20 minutes. The storms are violent enough that you can hear the wind in the tress in the house with the television on. The one on Sunday also tried to spawn a little twister but it never made to the ground. The Prodigal Son got to watch it twist down and back up again while he was driving home.

The storms also put on some really incredible lightning displays. The one Thursday had lightning striking the ground not far from where I work. The one Saturday caused a transformer to explode somewhere close to my house. I heard the explosion and there was a (long) momentary loss of power.

The weather forecast has us listed as having isolated thunderstorms all this week except for Thursday.

3 comments:

Tati said...

I used to notice my allergy bouts increasing when there was a short rainfall too; I always thought I was having allergies "in reverse". The sneezing attacks would inevitably start once the rain had cleared the air of all dust and pollens.

Roseunicorn said...

if you don't want the rain send it my way - supposedly we have been having sporatic thunderstorms but I have yet to find anyone who has seen one.

as for the allergies - rain is one of the few times the allergy shots don't help.

wondered where you have been???

Seitherin said...

Busy. Having one of those work, work, work weeks.