Book Ratings

Book ratings explained:

* I didn't like it | ** It was OK | *** I liked it | **** I really liked it | ***** I loved it

Saturday, July 23, 2005

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
by J. K. Rowling


I finished the book last night. I was actually a tiny bit disappointed by it. I'm not sure whether it was the fault of the book or just the mood I was in, but I thought the end was just a little, well, flat. There just didn't seem to be the emotional impact I would have expected for the ending involved. Flatness notwithstanding, I enjoyed the book. I've grown very fond of this bunch of characters and visiting with them is always a treat.

I'm not going to offer any spoilers or speculation - there are sites aplenty which do that - except to say that if the apparent villain at the end of the book actually turns out to be a villain, I shall be sorely disappointed.

No comments: