Book Ratings

Book ratings explained:

* I didn't like it | ** It was OK | *** I liked it | **** I really liked it | ***** I loved it

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

And the pain goes on . . .

No significant improvement in either the infection going away or the pain going away. I did stop taking the pain killer so I'm not dizzy from that anymore but I'm still queasy from the pain and probably lack of eating. Chewing has become mildly problematic.

I've called in sick again 'cause there is no way I can drive myself to work during rush hour traffic when I can't even concentrate long enough to write a silly blog post. And even without taking the sleep inducing pain meds I still spend most of the time asleep. It's the only way to cope with the pain. I don't know how people who suffer from chronic pain can deal with it. This has only been going on since Friday night and it's already driving me nuts.

The left side of my face is cool. The right side is warm and swollen. I look so funny in the mirror with my one really pudgy cheek. I'm also talking funny now because the right side of my mouth doesn't quite move the way it's supposed to. And smiling and laughing are out of the question. They use cheek muscles that make the face hurt.

And on top of everything else, I'm bored. Can't read because I can't concentrate. Can't knit or cross stitch for the same reason. Nothing to watch on TV. Computer is boring.

Poor, poor pitiful me!

;D

2 comments:

Tati said...

I think you need to get call the dentist and get that tooth out of there before the weekend. Four days of antibiotics should have brought some improvement.

Get well soon, ya hear?

Seitherin said...

I am happy to report there is some improvement this morning. I didn't wake up in agony and the swelling is starting to go down a bit. Parts of my face that were swollen yesterday aren't quite as swollen this morning.

I've actually had a good night's sleep and I don't feel sort of generally sick. I'm going to attempt to go to work.

Aha! I just yawned and I didn't inflict mortal agony on myself. That is so kewl!

;D