Book Ratings

Book ratings explained:

* I didn't like it | ** It was OK | *** I liked it | **** I really liked it | ***** I loved it

Sunday, September 14, 2008

We be OK

I'm at the Best Friend's house using her 'net connection to make this post. I am still staying with my parents since the homestead still doesn't have any electricity. The Prodigal Son and the cats weathered the storm really well. So did the ol' homestead, as a matter of fact. The only damage the Prodigal reported was several branches falling on the roof and part of our fence laying in the neighbor's yard.

I don't know when I'll return home. I've lived without electricity in the past so I know I don't want to go through that again. I've already shot off an email to the Boss to let him know I haven't returned to the area and I won't be in to work in the morning - assuming the office will even be open.

I also don't know when I'll be able to post again, but I did want everyone to know we are all alright.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that you made it through ok.

Tony

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting and letting us know all is (relatively) well.
Glad to hear it!!!

Anonymous said...

Late to checking in here, but I am so glad y'all are okay. Have been thinking about you & meaning to check in for past several days...

I hope things get sorted out soon for everyone down there.

~strangeshe

zippiknits...sometimes said...

I hope that you are now back home and have electricity. What a bad storm Ike was. Hugs!