Book Ratings

Book ratings explained:

* I didn't like it | ** It was OK | *** I liked it | **** I really liked it | ***** I loved it

Friday, September 26, 2008

I'm back!

The Prodigal Son is fine. The cats are fine. I'm fine. The house is probably fine.

I got home last Monday. I went to work on Tuesday. Tomorrow will be the first day I can work on getting the mess on the house cleared up - assuming I can find someone who will answer the phone or return my call when I leave a message.

Since a picture speaks a thousand words, here's the mess I have to deal with:

Tree branches laying on my roof after Ike
Deadwood hanging over my entry way to the house

I don't know yet what kind of damage might be under the deadwood, but I don't think it is anything significant.

All in all, we fared well this time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am really glad to hear that all is relatively well. You just need a good chap with a chainsaw and a ladder now and you will be fine.

And considering how close Ike passed by your house, you ought to be disaster proof for at least 10 years (According to Garp).

Seitherin said...

We managed to go 25 years between the last hurricane and this one. Another 25 before the next would be nice, but I'll settle for 10 years. I'm not greedy.

~ grin ~