Book Ratings

Book ratings explained:

* I didn't like it | ** It was OK | *** I liked it | **** I really liked it | ***** I loved it

Sunday, August 12, 2007

It itches

My hand wrapped in a bandage with just the tips of my fingers showing

My hand wrapped in a bandage with just the tips of my fingers showing

The bandages come off tomorrow and the stitches come out. I have no idea what the doctor did. I still can't straighten the finger and the muscles are so tight I will most likely have to go through therapy to get the use of the finger back.

In all honesty, right now, it doesn't feel any different than it did before the surgery. Except for the swelling. It doesn't seem to be swollen at the moment.

----------------
Now playing: Loreena McKennitt - She Moved Through the Fair
----------------

5 comments:

Roseunicorn said...

Do the therapy or your finger will look like my elbow!

Ah-the joy of trying to do normal work when you hand is taped up like a mummy!!! Been there - done that (with the right hand) - YECH!!!

Did you try to cut a steak or carrots while the hand was taped up? If not - you should try it - carrots fly really well and the steak - well let's just say people will volunteer to do it for you rather than wait for you to finish!

You haven't lived til you have had your brother cut up your steak after cutting up his 3 years olds food - in a restaurant for all the world to see!!

Oh yeah - don't poke stuff in the bandage to scratch the itch - just distract yourself somehow!!

Seitherin said...

Nobody has let me cut anything for two weeks. I even have people who insist on opening cans for me or getting my food for me when we out for lunch. I rather enjoy being pampered.

~ grin ~

Roseunicorn said...

Just be careful because now that the bandages are off - everyone will run into the finger or you will bump it into things.

Something about the bandages keeps you safe but the minute they are off ------ OUCH!

As for the pampering - take all you can get - you deserve it!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Roseunicorn - enjoy the pampering while you can!

(That's quite a bandage) !

Seitherin said...

The bandages are off so the pampering is over.

It was fun while it lasted.

~ grin ~