Book Ratings

Book ratings explained:

* I didn't like it | ** It was OK | *** I liked it | **** I really liked it | ***** I loved it

Sunday, November 07, 2004

The old homestead

Since I finally have a camera again, I took snaps of the old homestead (and the old homesteaders) while I was down buying the car.

This is the front door. No one ever uses the front door unless they are a stranger or the garage door is shut. People who belong go through the garage to the kitchen door and knock.

Front door to my parent's house

This is one of my dad's bougainvillea plants. He has several but this one is purple and is in the middle of the front yard. There is a second purple bougainvillea in the background. That one is tall while the one I snapped seems to have decided to be short.

Purple bougainvillea in the front yard

And here's the mom (or die oma as the prodigal son calls her) chatting with her Tweety. Tweety has been around for years and I live in fear that I will inherit that noisy brute if something happened to my folks. I have no idea how I would keep one bird safe in a house full of cats.

My mother and her Tweety bird

Here's my dad (or der opa as the prodigal son calls him) pulling some dead leaves off whatever this is out in the backyard. I have no idea what kind of shrub - tree? - this is and neither had my dad. He just liked the way it looked so he planted it.

Dad pulling dead leaves off a shrub

And more shots of bougainvillea in the backyard. The soft pink bush has some hot pink flowers on it as does the peach colored bougainvillea.

Soft pink bougainvillea with hot pink blooms Peach bougainvillea with hot pink blooms Peach colored bougainvillea

And lastly, the back stoop on which stands the obligatory garden gnome.

Back stoop with plants and garden gnome

2 comments:

Roseunicorn said...

Is your Dad incongnito????

Seitherin said...

Yep. He doesn't want the bouganvillea to get jealous. ;D