Book Ratings

Book ratings explained:

* I didn't like it | ** It was OK | *** I liked it | **** I really liked it | ***** I loved it

Sunday, November 21, 2004

Cat update

Well, Heru has joined the ranks of the un-reproductive. He came back from the vet yesterday morning and has been even more unconcerned by the fact he had surgery than Rainbow and Mouse were. He has been a particularly lovey cat since he's been back.

I think I have to accept the fact that Annie is gone. There has been no sign of her since the 4th when I got back from picking up my new car. I still have no idea how she could have gotten out or why or where she would go off to.

Goblin has spent a little more time in my lap since Annie's been gone than Goblin is usually wont to. She plops down while I absently pet her while she watches me read. Since Annie and Heru debated ownership rights of me, the other cats never really had much opportunity to be snuggle kitties. Since Annie is gone, half of me is up for ownership and I think Goblin might be trying to stake a small claim. Even the elusive Mouse has taken to very occasionally condescending to climb over me while she graciously allows me to pet her. I think if Rainbow were a more aggressive cat, she'd be the one debating ownership of me with Heru. She would really love to be a snuggle kitty and she does get to do it in drips and drabs here and there when Heru is busy being king of the pride in some other room of the house.

Tabby cat Tabby cat

5 comments:

Tati said...

I am truly sorry about Annie - I know the empty and sad feeling as I had to experience it in July when Pauli "left".
A hug your way across the big pond,
Karen

Seitherin said...

Hugs gratefully accepted, Karen.

Stef said...

My ex-husband lost one of my cats around Christmas last year, and he didn't do a whole lot to find her. I know something about how you feel about your lost cat. She may still turn up, who knows?

I had my male cat fixed when he was a year old in 2000, and he's always been a very affectionate cat. He still doesn't seem to get that he can't "do it" anymore, because he sure tries to! LOL

Roseunicorn said...

I am so sorry - Annie was always a class act.

Seitherin said...

Heru is about six or seven months old and he was starting to exhibit *that* behavior especially with Mouse so it was time.

He's such a sweety-pie.