Book Ratings

Book ratings explained:

* I didn't like it | ** It was OK | *** I liked it | **** I really liked it | ***** I loved it

Saturday, March 15, 2008

When did here become profoundly ugly?

I took a drive around today because it was such a glorious day. Had my camera with me. Expected to take a bunch of pictures along the highway and at the park and at the beach.

Nope. No pictures. There was nothing I even remotely wanted to photograph. Not between here and the beach. Everything was so incredibly, profoundly ugly. And I just wasn't in the mood to capture ugly. Didn't want to save for posterity the sight of chemical plants butting up to the highway. Didn't want to capture all those awful beach shacks that have gone up along the ocean. Didn't groove to pasty middle-aged folk knocking back beer and sitting in lawn chairs next to their pickups parked along the waterline. Really didn't want to see pasty, flabby teenagers wearing mostly nothing clustered around their cars way back from the waterline.

I think this means I really need a vacation to someplace photogenic, or at least someplace that isn't profoundly ugly.

No comments: