Book Ratings

Book ratings explained:

* I didn't like it | ** It was OK | *** I liked it | **** I really liked it | ***** I loved it

Saturday, February 17, 2007

I was right!

I think it was at their first visit to the vet that I asked the gender of the kittens. Very early on, I'd looked and decided there were two boys and five girls. The Prodigal Son kept insisting there were six girls and one boy. Well, the vet sided with my son, so I haven't bothered checking again. I mean, surely the vet can tell better than I, right?

Not so much.

I picked up the kindle yesterday and the vet told me Stash was the biggest kitten, weighing in at 3.8 pounds. I commented I would have expected Woolly Bear to be the biggest since he was a male. That's when the vet told me Stash was a male as well. Will wonders never cease?

5 comments:

Roseunicorn said...

Is Stash short for Moustache?

Or did you name another one?

I didn't check when I was there whether they were male or female.

So how much longer are ya gonna keep them???

Seitherin said...

Yep, Stash is Moustache. I can't give them away while they have ringworm and tapeworm so it will be a few more weeks before I start advertising for a new home for them.

Roseunicorn said...

So now they have tapeworms - good grief.

At this rate they will never get well enough to give away.

Anyhow - enjoy them while you have them.

We have 8 new baby goats!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like they are growing quite well - sorry to hear about the worm problems.

@Roseunicorn
8 goats? What will you do with them all?

Roseunicorn said...

Karen

Right now we have 20 adult females, 18 baby goats and 4 adult males. We sell the boys because you aren't suppose to have too many males in a group - they are mean when they fight. The females we keep for breeding.

about 10 are pets which is why we have so many males - I want to keep them all but you can't fix the females - they die of shock and we have had bad luck fixing some of the males. Besides my hubbie sells them to people in the neighborhood who don't have a lot of money (he gives them a break on the price).