Book Ratings

Book ratings explained:

* I didn't like it | ** It was OK | *** I liked it | **** I really liked it | ***** I loved it

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Guess what this is . . .



Give up? It's a kitten. A girl kitten. A girl kitten who's been living with us for a few days and whom I didn't find out about till yesterday when the Prodigal Son called me at work to let me know about her. I suspect he called me at work since I share an office and he thought I wouldn't verbally eviscerate him for bringing another cat into the house.

According to the Prodigal, the little monster was stuck in the tree in the front yard and he had to climb on the roof to get her down. He also claims he left her in the yard so she could find her way home but she apparently decided she liked our house better than wherever she comes from because she refuses to leave no matter how many times we put her outside.

She is such a mellow little kitty. Nothing phases her, not even five adult cats hissing and spitting at her and taking the occasional pot shot. Jokingly, on my way to bed last night, I said we should call her Mellow Yellow. I had no sooner turned off the light than the Prodigal was beating at my door to tell me the kitten's name was Melanie. Not only did I say no, I said hell no! I will not have a cat named Melanie any more that than I will have a cat named Precious which is the name Izzy arrived with. The Prodigal informed me he was calling her Mel and I told him we'd see.

So now, finally, I present to you . . . Melisande who shall be called Mel or Meli or Melis.

5 comments:

Tati said...

Gosh, she is cute! Look at those ears! *giggle*

Give Mel a little hug for me :-)

Congrats on the new family addition ;-P

Anonymous said...

Oh, she is so cute! She looks like my cat that is called Paris. My daughter named her! Nancy from Texas Lone Star Knitting board

Seitherin said...

Kittens are all ears. That's so they can hear you coming and stop doing whatever it is they were doing that would have gotten them in trouble if they hadn't heard you coming and stopped.

She's just the happiest, friendliest little thing. The Prodigal has taken her over to a friend's house for a play date with the new kitten they've just gotten 'cause our other furry monsters still won't have anything to do with her.

Roseunicorn said...

This is how you wind up with 13 cats! Is the Prodigal Son at least working and helping to pay for all these little critters!!

Send him to some kind of animals school and let him get a job in that area.

Look up Moorpark - I think that is the name of the school on Zoos.

Seitherin said...

The Prodigal working? Surely you jest!