Book Ratings

Book ratings explained:

* I didn't like it | ** It was OK | *** I liked it | **** I really liked it | ***** I loved it

Friday, January 20, 2006

Day off

I took today off work to sit home waiting for repairmen to fix things that have broken. The dryer repairman has been and gone and my dryer works again. ~ major joyful happy dancing ~ I can do laundry again and have clean clothes to wear! Who'da thunk I'd be joyful about doing laundry?

And the garbage disposal guy was only here long enough to earn a dirty look. I told the lady who schedules appointments (in as much as one can call a repairman showing up sometime between 8 am and 5 pm an appointment) that I thought the thing was well and truly dead and needed to be replaced. The guy came in, looked at it, hit the reset button, pronounced it well and truly dead, and said he'd be back next Tuesday to replace it. See what I mean about earning a dirty look?

So, what am I going to do with the rest of today? I could go in to work and save my vacation (and, no, you don't have to lock me in a padded room 'cause I'd have myself committed if that were even the smallest smidgen of a real option being considered.) Or I could clean house (see prior parenthetical note.) Or I could just be a lazy bum and read and munch donuts and sip milk. That actually sounds like a plan.

Later 'gators.

3 comments:

Roseunicorn said...

I am sure the BUM won!!!

SO why didn't you come down here and play for a weekend - hehehe

my kitchen sink is busted - you could sit around and watch Joe and I walk up to the sink about a 100 times a day and then realize it's busted and have to go to the bathroom sink or grab a bottle of water to do whatever it was we went to the sink for in the first place.

Seitherin said...

You know me so well!

~ smirk ~

Roseunicorn said...

sink fixed - you could come down and watch Minki and BJ circle each other while they try to decide if they like each other.

Actually Minki is finally warming up to BJ - but now BJ thinks Minki is NUTS!

Minki spent the first few meetings attacking BJ.

By the by Minki is a cat and BJ is a dog. Always love watching the attack cats in our group chase the dogs.