Book Ratings

Book ratings explained:

* I didn't like it | ** It was OK | *** I liked it | **** I really liked it | ***** I loved it

Thursday, January 26, 2006

1836

I heard on the news today that Houston has a professional soccer team. The home of the Astros, Aeros, Rockets, Comets, and Texans now has a soccer team called Houston 1836. Just rolls off the tongue, doesn't it?

(For those of you who wonder why anyone would choose 1836 without being blitzed out of their mind on booze and pills . . . 1836 is the year Texas won its independence from Mexico.)

2 comments:

Tati said...

Wouldn't it just have been easier to pronounce if the'd called it the Alamo or such? ;-)

Seitherin said...

The Alamo is in San Antonio so I know they wouldn't have picked that. But I do wonder what other names were up for consideration.