Approximately 12 years experience acting as Great Plains Administrator as well as approximately 9 years experience acting as a Microsoft SQL Database Administrator.
Great Plains, MS SQL, DMI Compliance Suite, Crystal Reports, Windows network
• Maintained Great Plains, MS SQL, DMI CS, and Windows network security
• Installed, upgraded, and maintained Great Plains and MS SQL software, service packs and Great Plains tax updates on servers as well as client PCs
• Designed, developed, deployed, and maintained ancillary MS SQL databases including table design and writing stored procedures, views, and triggers
• Wrote stand alone Borland Delphi programs to perform department specific confidential functions
• Created and maintained several reports using Crystal Reports
• Modified several Great Plains standard reports using the Great Plains internal Report Writer
• Reviewed client requests and proposals for Great Plains enhancements and made recommendations
• Researched, reviewed, and made recommendations on Great Plains 3rd party software
• Network administrator with regard to scheduling and verifying backups, network security, and logical drive assignment
• Researched, recommended, and / or evaluated software and / or hardware to enhance Great Plains, MS SQL, and / or the Windows network
• Performed non-specific client training for use of PCs, Great Plains, various Microsoft Office products, DMI Compliance Suite
• Database: Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Access, and Borland Paradox
• Platforms: Microsoft Windows NT, Microsoft Windows 2000, Microsoft Windows 2003, Microsoft Windows XP, Microsoft Windows Vista
• Productivity: Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft PowerPoint
• Web: Microsoft IIS, Macromedia Cold Fusion, Macromedia Dreamweaver
• Languages: Borland Delphi
System Administrator 2005-2009
Kaneka Nutrients L.P.
• MS SQL 2000 database administration including security, backup, and restore.
• Great Plains administration including security, report modification, and non-specific user training.
• DMI Compliance Suite administration including security, Crystal report creation, electronic work instruction coding, order creation, problem investigation/resolution, and user training.
• Acted as primary help desk technician resolving various client issues.
• Acted as primary Windows 2003 network administrator with regard to network security, backups, and logical drive assignment.
Great Plains / Database Administrator 1997-2005
GSI Gulf States, Inc.
• MS SQL 7 and MS SQL 2000 database administration including database design, security, backup, and restore.
• Great Plains administration including security, ancillary view creation, report modification, and non-specific user training.
• Part of the team that migrated Great Plains from Btrieve to MS SQL.
• Converted, enhanced, and maintained an in-house mechanical estimating system from the IBM/36 written in RGP to a DOS based Borland Paradox system.
• Acted as a purchasing agent for IT department.
• Acted as secondary help desk technician resolving various client issues.
• Acted as secondary network administrator with regard to network security, backups, and logical drive assignment.
Data Operations Manager 1984-1997
Gulf States, Inc.
• Responsible for IBM/36 running CMAS software including supervising from 2 to 6 people working multiple shifts.
• Coordinated and scheduled data entry, job queues, print queues, and backups.
• Coordinated and scheduled monthly, quarterly, and yearly accounting processes.
• Part of team which migrated data from the S/36 to Great Plains.
Programmer / Data Entry Clerk 1979-1984
Gulf States, Inc.
• Helped design, code, and implement a mechanical estimating application on the IBM S/36 using RPG.
• Performed data entry functions for various accounting departments.
• Performed bank reconciliations.
• Created and posted correcting journal entries.
Pan American University 1974-1978
• No degree but studied General Business
Edinburg High School 1974
ADDITIONAL TRAINING / STUDY
Course 2559: Introduction to Visual Basic .Net (2004)
Course 2073A: Programming MS SQL 2000 Database (2003)
Course 2072A: Administering MS SQL 2000 Database (2003)
Course 1026: Admin MS Exchange Server 5.5 (2000)
Course 832: System Administration for MS SQL 7.0 (1999)
Supplied on request