Book Ratings

Book ratings explained:

* I didn't like it | ** It was OK | *** I liked it | **** I really liked it | ***** I loved it

Sunday, February 03, 2008

Kind of an update

Did I ever mention the ordeal of the finger caused an outbreak of psoriasis which lead to an extremely debilitating case of psoriatic arthritis for which I've been undergoing Remicade treatment since December? Personally, I think it was the steroid treatment that sent my system into such shock which caused the psoriasis which led to the arthritis which pretty much kept me from doing anything. Ask the Prodigal Son . . . he had to open bags of chips for me as well as jars and doors since I couldn't really grasp doorknobs to turn them. When I say the arthritis was debilitating, I am not kidding. I was becoming concerned about my job because it was becoming increasingly difficult for me to drive to get to it not to mention losing the manual dexterity needed to perform some of it.

However, the Remicade treatments I've undergone have worked miracles. The arthritis is under control and I'm all but back to being my annoyingly cheerful self.

On the other hand, the finger still isn't 100%, but at least I can mostly use it to do mostly normal things like holding cups and cutting my own meat. Per the hand surgeon, I've at least another six months of self inflicted therapy to go through before I can give up and just learn to live with a finger that isn't 100%.

Right now I'm in the process of psyching myself up to trying to knit again since the finger and the arthritis made it impossible for me to do it. I have a scarf on the needles I started last year before all this finger nonsense started that I'm going to rip out and redo. I think. Well, it's certain I'll rip it out because I screwed it up badly when I thought I was recovered enough to knit to actually knit on it a bit that the perfectionist in me just won't let it go on. Whether or not I'll retry this pattern with this yarn . . . well, that's the question, isn't it?

----------------
Now playing: Evanescence - Lacrymosa
----------------

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am very sorry to hear that the finger issue has gone on to be so long weary - then again thankful that the treatment is working for you.

Happy Knitting!!!