Book Ratings

Book ratings explained:

* I didn't like it | ** It was OK | *** I liked it | **** I really liked it | ***** I loved it

Saturday, January 20, 2007

Everything is grey

Just got home from work about an hour ago. Verra, verra tired. Learning new stuff before other employees leave is keeping me busy - hence the working today.

The weather has been miserable for a week. No sunshine in all that time and this almost drizzle most of the time. And cold. Not fun.

And all the kittens have ringworm. Systemic, of course - that means it's in their blood. I have to force this funny looking brownish liquid down their throats twice a day. A couple of the kittens are very good about taking the dropper. A couple start out good but get annoyed. The rest are annoyed right off the bat and try to put up a fight. Despite being much, much bigger than they are, I'm the one with wounds to show. I have tiny little kitten scratches all over my hand.

We've also given the kittens the run of the house, and run through it they certainly do. They also tumble, roll, and hop through it. Izzy is locked up with one or two of the other cats all day and all night so the kittens will stop nursing. Right now poor Izzy is mostly miserable. The kittens don't seem to notice she's gone but they do notice right away when we give her the run of the house for an hour or so at night. Although all of them will still nurse if I let them, only one of them insists on nursing. She even tries to do it while walking along beside Izzy.

Woolly Bear may turn into Rambo. Every so often, that's the name that pops out when I talk about him or to him. I had a Rambo many, many years ago and Woolly Bear does not remind me of him at all so I don't know why Woolly wants to pick that for his name. Miss Bette will remain Miss Bette and I think Stripes is firmly Stripes. None of the others have names.

Oh, well. Gotta put food in my tummy. It's grumbling at me. Gotta feed all the furry monsters, too.

Later, 'gators!

4 comments:

Roseunicorn said...

Why are you learning new stuff before they leave - whose leaving now???

Kittens and ringworm - normal - hating the medicine - even more normal.....

Ask vet if you can put it in a little food...

Why the forced weaning? Why not let Izzy and the kittens decide???

How old are they? Are they 6 weeks yet - tend to wean between 6 to 8 weeks.

So are you ready for my visit next weekend?????????????????

Seitherin said...

I'll tell you about work when you get here.

The kitten which had ringworm first is the least affected. She appears to be healing very nicely. The rest seem to be getting worse instead of better. Every day more fur is missing.

The kittens are 8 weeks old and Izzy does not seem inclined to stop nursing. Also, if Izzy is the carrier, continued nursing will prevent the kittens from getting better even with the medicine.

And lastly, but not leastly . . . Nope, I'm not ready for your visit. Haven't bought pillows. Haven't bought blankets. Haven't moved stuff around so you can get to the other side of the bed. It's almost noon and I just woke up. And, no, I did not stay up late. I'm just very, very tired. I don't know if I'll make it to the store today or if the room will get cleaned.

Besides, it's the Prodigal's birthday.

Roseunicorn said...

don't worry too much about the stuff but are we going to be able to visit any???????????

As for the ringworm - been there had that before.... you do know people can get it don't you ??

As for Prodigal Sonny - did you give him a birthday spanking and one to grow on? If not at least give him the one to grow on............

oh yeah my new computer is driving me crazy - keeps freezing while trying to download updates to stuff while I am on the internet - email me any suggestions........

Seitherin said...

We should be able to visit Saturday and Sunday before you leave.

Yes, I know people can get ringworm and no, none of us have it.

I haven't spanked anybody in years. I'm seriously out of practice.

As for your computer, turn it on and let it do the updating without you using it for anything else. See if the downloads/updates finish. Depending on what the updates are, it could be a while before it finishes since you're still on dial up.