Book Ratings

Book ratings explained:

* I didn't like it | ** It was OK | *** I liked it | **** I really liked it | ***** I loved it

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Life flashes . . . not

I can honestly say, from first hand experience, that my life didn't flash before my eyes when I thought I was going to die. My exact thoughts were:

"Breathe!"

"Can't!"

"Again!"

"No."

"Die."

"NO!"

"Cough!"

"Harder!"

There were no pictures. Just those words. In the dark. In the middle of the night.

I have no idea what happened. I was sleeping and dreaming when, in my dream, I realized I couldn't breathe. I woke up immediately and realized I really couldn't breathe. It took maybe five or six seconds for those thoughts to flash through my brain. Thankfully, the coughing dislodged whatever it was that was stopping me from catching my breath. By the time I got to "Die." I was already out of bed on my way to my son's room for help. Up until the second "NO!" there was panic and intense fear. At that point I got very calm. And coughed. And saved myself. And coughed some more.

So any way, I'm still here.

;D

8 comments:

Roseunicorn said...

we need to talk - do you know what happened and why?

Tati said...

Seitherin, I also do not like the sound of that post - what happened?

Seitherin said...

I have no idea what happened. I assume I aspirated something in my sleep and I coughed it out when I came to my senses. I'm all fine and dandy.

Roseunicorn said...

Karen = tell her to go to the doctor cause she sure as h*:#)@*ll won't listen to me

Tati said...

Seitherin, go to the doc and have your pump checked over, ok? Please? Pretty please with sugar on top (and a cherry)?
Thank you.

Seitherin said...

Worrywarts. There is nothing wrong with me or my ticker. I am fine. Trust me.

I've aspirated when I've been awake and this was exactly the same kind of thing except that I was asleep and I woke up in the dark which made the panic factor worse.

Roseunicorn said...

that's just more evidence you need a check up !!!!

Seitherin said...

What? I'm the only person on the planet who's swallowed and breathed at the same time? It happens to everybody every once in a while. That doesn't mean they're on the verge of dropping dead.