Book Ratings

Book ratings explained:

* I didn't like it | ** It was OK | *** I liked it | **** I really liked it | ***** I loved it

Monday, March 13, 2006

Where did my eyes go?

My glasses have disappeared. I've spent the morning tearing the house apart looking for glasses that I wore yesterday afternoon to watch TV. They have completely and totally vanished. I even moved furniture looking for them. I even looked in the fridge where I found them last time they were lost. Nada. Nothing. Zip. Zilch.

I just called the boss and left a message letting him know I don't know when or if I'll be in to work today. I hope I can get a replacement pair made this morning using last year's prescription - which still works well for driving - or even get a new prescription if I can find an eye doc who'll take me first thing this morning. I don't expect the doc I used last year - whom I don't particularly care for - to get me in today. Thank goodness we have an EyeMasters at the mall and there's really nothing special about my distance prescription. Unfortunately, EyeMasters doesn't open until 10:00 a.m. so it will be this afternoon before I get glasses even if I can get in to see a doc first thing this morning.

I am at a loss as to what happened to my glasses.

4 comments:

Roseunicorn said...

Search the cats and the Prodigal Son - I vote on the cats - not sure why the Prodigal Son would want your glasses. Sure you didn't leave them at work????

Personally - I would be happy if I could find the doctor's office without my glasses - let alone be able to drive myself to the office.

Maybe this was nature's way of telling you to get a new EYE Doctor.
Hehehehe

Roseunicorn said...

Hubbie says "Check the top of your head!!"

hehe

Seitherin said...

I had them on Sunday night while I was watching TV. I took them off to work on the computer which I did until I went to bed.

Tell Hubbie that's the first place I looked. The second place was in the fridge.

Tati said...

The fridge? *giggle*

I "lost" mine last week too - found them two days later lying under the ladder which leads upstairs. Apparently, I'd placed them on the ladder and Miez knocked them off while going up or down.